Wednesday, March 11, 2009

More About Termites....


As a leader in Pest Control in Tennessee, I get a lot of questions. Whether I'm dining out with Deborah at one of our favorite spots or whether I'm strolling through the grocery store; people have questions for me all the time.

One customer asked me "If termites have to build mud tubes in order to survive, couldn't I just knock them all down myself and spray some pesticide? I mean, what's the big deal?"

Far be it for me to discourage any home owner from doing everything they possibly can to protect their home and property, but it is important to understand that termites are very serious business. And even if you knock down the tubes yourself and spray some over the counter product, you will not be getting rid of them completely.

First, you'd have to go in your crawl space and find every single mud tube. Some can be small, but can be elaborate creations. Point is, knocking down mud tubes isn't a control measure.

At Ameri Care Termite & Pest Control we offer both liquid and bait systems. And we carry the most up to date products that have been tested and re-tested for effectiveness, specifically against Subterranean Termites. You cannot buy these products out right. You have to be a licensed company.

And application isn't easy, but everyone of our certified technicians has been trained and continually receives additional education about our industry and product application.

You know that TV show that always says, "Don't try this yourself at home..." Well, Termite Control is kind of like that. Best leave it to the professionals.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for great information you write it very clean. I am very lucky to get this tips from you


    Ant treatment Vancouver

    ReplyDelete